Sunday, June 29, 2008

Berlin

Berlin is quite far North, which although I knew, didn't quite illustrate the fact that the sun doesn't set until midnight and then gets up again at 4am. I am so glad that I bought by eyeshades with me!

Yesterday i worked in the morning, going through some emails and things that I needed to write, and then I headed into Berlin to see what I could see. There was a big gay pride parade on, and being from Sydney I did not think this was that interesting, and then I went on a walking tour and lean't lots about Nazi history. I knew bits and pieces, but now I know more.

Today I am finishing off an experimental plan and NOT writing a presentation that i really should finish, and of course, missing the premiere of Dr Who season 4, the Christmas special that features Kylie (Minogue) as a guest - the companian of the Doctor for that episode. Real bummer. I have been hanging out for this to come out for almost a year and now I am here and cannot watch it. I tried to find an illegal copy on the web in desperation, to no avail. Anyway - I'm finishing off my experimental plan, and then might be forced to do a bit on the stupid pesentation, or might just go to the Berlin zoo and aquarium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home