Friday, July 04, 2008

Wannsee

The place I am staying in Berlin is actually in Wannsee, the place that they fist made official "the final solution", for those up on their Nazi history. But the place is really quite pretty and the instrument that I am using turns out to be much better than I had hoped. Furthermore, I now have the cryostat completely under my control and all He forms shall obey me and do my bidding. But enough about exchange gas.

Sausages, potatoes, and cabbage have indeed been the order most of the time, and I am greeted by a nice big plate of meat every morning. Which suits me just fine. Although I did start eating fruit as I got a bit worried about certain things.

I've mostly just been here working, except when I am sleeping or eating. I like the experience of lunchtime at the canteen with the instrument scientists and others from around the traps, its a nice experience. When I forgot to listen to the end of the word, as I so often do in Germany (they tend to go on a bit), I heard the word for potato with my pork and though - why not? Well, the end of the word was actually salad, and potato salad I am extremely picky about, and this was my worst kind. They heaped it on. My local contact, Zunbelts, saved me and gave me hist boiled potatoes. Very nice of him!

Better go, sample change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home