Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glasses

I just wanted to say that the Lufthansa flight back had no in-seat screen. I nearly got off the plane!

I got reading glasses, I have an astigmatism in my left eye that is quite bad. Early in the day I can still focus with it but by the end of the day it gives up. Other than that, my eyes are perfect. Here is what a perfect eye looks like:



My eyelids, however, are not perfect. I seem to have bepheritis, causing my eyes to feel like sandpaper most of the time. Sometimes I get stabbing pains in them and have to stop trying to read things. I spend all my time slopping eyedrops in them now.

Glasses are not cheap.

I'm getting a new computer for work.

We have 2 climbers living with us for a while.

The reactor is starting up on Monday and I have lots of plans for the first few experiments, but as everything is new, everytime I do something we haven't done before (which is all of the time) I have to do a whole bunch of things to get ready. Sample cans, sample environment modifications, software modifications, even hardware modifications. Its not stop modification central around here.

I've been running - training for a 9km fun run. For those who know me, I'm a sprinter and continuing to run past the 5 minute mark, actually, past the 1 minute mark, is pain. But I run 16 km a week now and will run 8 km for the first time this evening. Wish me luck.


This is my Nephew who i visited in Singapore, and his mum, Li, who is trying to ignore him.


Cute, no?

Well how about this:



While I was in Berlin i visited Knut the baby polar bear who now looks like this and has a psychological disorder or two I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home